Wedding Venues in South Yorkshire
When I started looking for my perfect wedding venue, I knew I wanted something rustic and charming, with a lovely interior and extensive gardens, ideally in South Yorkshire and all for a good price, in the summer. Once I started hunting for venues, I was overwhelmed at the choice! There was so much out there, and so many options, but what I did start to realise is that you can rarely have it all, and you need to focus on sorting your wedding venue first before you started all the little bits. Naturally being quite a crafty person, I wanted to start making my invitations and venue decor... but I needed the venue first. So here is a round up based on all the research I did of some of the most fantastic rustic charming wedding venues that Yorkshire has to offer from the rustic wedding box (if I've missed any, let me know!)
Barns and Rustic Charm
- Wood Lane Countryside Centre is lovely - rustic stone walls, and bring your own suppliers, you have all the freedom in the world!
- Whiston Manorial Barn in Rotherham is a beautiful 13th century rustic barn, which you can decorate as you wish to your hearts content and beautifully compliments rustic weddings (A personal favourite, as I'm having my reception here in 2017 and it's just down the road - there rustic wedding box is offering a discount for any brides wanting venue decor hire here in 2018)
- Cripps Stone Barn looks glorious, and the food sounds spectacular (feasting!)
- Whirlow Hall Farm is epic! We went to a lovely wedding here in 2016, which was fun, free flowing and one of the most relaxed weddings i've been to. They served ice cream and a BBQ, and it was bring your own alcohol = loved it!
- Foxholes farm looks amazing, but can be booked up a year in advance - get in their quick if you want it. You hire the farm for the full weekend with accommodation too
- Smallshaw cottages and Stoop Farm are a little further afield into the Peak District, but look glorious. As is Masson Farm, but wow! Not been here, but boy would I love to. Did you know that you can get a cable car up to the farm!? It looks amazing
Marquees and Woodland
- Check out the JCGraves discovery centre in Sheffield, set in the woods with the option of indoor venues or field venues
- For a magical enhancing forest experience, there is Ecclesall Woods (where you could have the most amazing tipi wedding!)
- I made a separate category for this, but the Chimney House in Sheffield is amazing! Suited for smaller weddings, its a perfect little space to entertain your guests, and photographers love it!
- You can also have a wedding reception at Elsecar Heritage Centre, catering for larger weddings!
- Sheffield Manor Lodge is a quirky little venue. I've never been but it looks so cute!
- Just past Doncaster, Fishlake Mill is another cute little venue - stone round mill house which you can get married in, with marquees and a lake on site! Lovely!
The stately home
- For those of you that can afford it, splurge out on a beautiful wedding at Chatsworth
- Or better yet, what about the glorious glorious Wentworth Woodhouse for a wedding. With such an impressive frontage and grand golden ballroom, who wouldn't want to dance the night away!
- Whitley Hall Hotel is another stately home option, along with Cubley Hall, Tapton Hall and Wortley Hall. So many halls, so much luxury!
- Rotherham Golf Club has a very very impressive drive leading you to the spectacular club house, set in the most lovely rolling green hills of a golf course.
So that's my round up of some of the more unusual, rustic, eclectic, industrial, vintage and unique wedding venues in South Yorkshire and further afield that would be perfect for your rustic wedding box wedding!